Nutrition and Dietetic Educators and Preceptors (NDEP) -- New name, greater commitment
In solidarity with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, the DEP Executive Committee moved quickly to approve the concept of changing its name by adding "Nutrition" and recognizing the important role of "preceptors." In accordance with the Academy policy, this was put to a vote. The online survey was completed by 310 DEP members, and 73% of the respondents were in favor of the name change. The Academy Board approved to change our name and effective January 2012, we are officially Nutrition and Dietetic Educators and Preceptors (NDEP).
Check Out a New AND Resource
What is the House of Delegates and why should I care about it?
- Have you heard this question from students, members or non-members?
- Have you ever wondered this very thing yourself?
If you answered "yes" to either of these questions, then check out the newest AND resource. "AND's House of Delegates--What's IT All About?" is a 10-minute video designed to increase awareness and understanding of this important branch of the AND organization. The video provides an overview of the House of Delegates (HOD), its composition, functions, frequency of meeting, what happens during a HOD meeting and the outcome of a meeting. It is perfect for use in a classroom, district or affiliate meeting, DPG meeting or staff meeting to unravel mysteries of the HOD and how members can have their voices heard.
If you have any questions related to the House of Delegates (HOD), please contact Harold Holler at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800/877-1600, ext. 4896.
NDEP Guiding Principles
NDEP’s electronic mailing list is an online opportunity to discuss relevant education issues related to dietetics. NDEP members can enroll in the NDEP electronic mailing list by contacting Ruth Johnston at email@example.com
Tips about the use of the VHALIT-DEP-L List
- To send a new message, simply type: VHALIT-DEP-L@WWW.LISTSERV.VA.GOV
- Please attach your name, personal email address, affiliation and/or telephone number to allow someone to make a private or confidential reply to your message.
- Remember that not all List Serve Members have large mailboxes, especially around the time of semester breaks and ADA Annual Meetings. Any type of graphic files including PowerPoint presentations may overwhelm space availability. Please do not attach any graphics or PowerPoint files to go out to all members of the list. Do feel free to offer such items to the List but have individuals request these and mail directly to them. This will help keep from getting repeating messages and overwhelming the server that handles the NDEP List.
- NOTE IF you activate your 'Out of Office Assistant’ your list serve messages may bounce back to the list serve and your subscription may be suspended.
Below is a link to download the handout from Donald Balasa, JD, MBA, regarding National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) and CDR, which was provided at the NDEP members meeting at FNCE on October 7, 2013.
NCCA Requirements and Legal Issues
Spring 2013 Area Meetings
Area 1 meeting will be held March 17-19 in Asilomar, CA - Area Coordinator is Miriam Edlefsen Ballejos (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Area 2 and Area 5 meeting will be held on March 21 and 22 in St. Louis, MO - Area 2 Coordinator is Katie Eliot (email@example.com) and Area 5 Coordinator is Julie A. Kennel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Area 6 and Area 7 meeting will be held on April 10-12 in Charlottesville, VA - Area 6 Coordinator is Ana Abad Jorge (email@example.com) and Area 7 Coordinator is Suzanne Neubauer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Area 3 and Area 4 meeting will be held on April 19 and 20 in Birmingham, AL - Area 3 Coordinator is Susan Miller (email@example.com) and Area 4 Coordinator is Claudia W. Scott (firstname.lastname@example.org)
(Contact the Area Coordinator for details.)
NDEP Geographic Areas:
Area 1 (AK,CA,MT,OR,WY,ID,HI,WA)
Area 2 (IA,MN,MI,MO,NE,ND,SD,WI)
Area 3 (AL,AR,FL,GA,LA,MS,SC)
Area 4 (AZ,CO,KS,NV,NM,OK,TX,UT)
Area 5 (IN,IL,KY, OH,TN,WV)
Area 6 (MD,NC,VA,DE,PA)
Area 7 (NJ,NYC,NY,ME,RI,MA,VT,CT,NH, International Members)